Sunday, December 27, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken Stew

*Let me preface this with a disclaimer- it doesn't look that pretty, but I wouldn't post this if it didn't taste good! :)

We are always looking for a good Crock Pot recipe that we can use that the kids will eat. Everyone gets bored of the normal stuff, and this is an easy Chicken Stew with a small twist(onion soup mix).

As in any stew, amounts are up to you. My sons don't care for potatoes ( I know, right? Weird!) so we put more carrots in than anything else.

Ingredients:

Carrots - about a half bag of baby carrots (my boys get the entire bag)
Potatoes - Peeled & rough cut (usually 3-5 medium sized)
Chicken breasts- 2
Cream of Chicken Soup- 2 cans
1 1/2 soup cans of water
Onion Soup Mix- 1 Packet(we tried 2 tonight- and loved it)

That's basically it! Crock pot it for 4 to 6 hours- and Voila! We shred the chicken (obviously) and serve it with some Rhodes Rolls- its something my children will eat! Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man. I wish I would had this recipe on Sunday, this would have been perfect.
    Doesn't like potatoes??!! The only other kid I've heard of that didn't like potatoes was Tony Bellante, which is funny because looks like he would fit in your family as Zac's twin!

    ReplyDelete