Friday, June 25, 2010

Brown Sugar Crusted Meatloaf

This is one of those recipes that is really easy to make around the add ins you have. I always change up the vegetables I add in it. I tried it with soy sauce for the first time last night and we really liked it. I didn't measure, just put some in. It's a really easy recipe and we have always loved it. We aren't big fans of red sauce, so this is a great way to go around the normal meatloaf recipe.

1 LB. HAMBURGER, THAWED

3 PIECES OF BREAD, TORN

1 EGG

½ ONION, CHOPPED (I PREFER TO SAUTEE MINE)

½ CAN CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
(EITHER MIX IN OR POUR ON TOP - I HAVE ALSO USED A FULL CAN. I MIX IN THE SOUP, SINCE I USE SMALLER DISHES TO BAKE THEM IN)

I HAVE ALSO ADDED IN SHREDDED CARROTS, ZUCCHINI AND MUSHROOMS
(IF YOU HAVE THEM ON HAND AND WANT TO ADD THEM)

2 TSP. SOY SAUCE, OPTIONAL (THE AMOUNT DEPENDS ON YOUR PREFERENCE)

GARLIC SALT, OPTIONAL (I SPRINKLE ON ONIONS WHILE I SAUTÉ THEM)

*****

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND FORM IN TO PANS. I USE THREE SMALL CORNING WEAR PANS. USE WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON HAND.

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350*
BAKE 20-25 MINUTES
SPRINKLE BROWN SUGAR ON TOP
BAKE ANOTHER 10-15 MINUTES, OR UNTIL ITS COOKED THROUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment