* 8-10 skinless pieces of chicken (I like to use chicken thighs)
* "Goya" brand, Adobo all purpose seasoning with pepper (or your favorite chicken seasoning). You can find this seasoning in the Latin aisle of your grocery store.
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 large green (bell) pepper, finely chopped
* 1 red pepper, finely chopped
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 tsp minced garlic
* 3 cups of rice
* 2 small envelopes of "Sazon Goya con Azafran"
* 1 tsp chicken bouillon
* 6 and 1/2 cups cups water
* 1 cup frozen peas
* salt to taste
Pour the olive oil in a large pan/skillet and brown the seasoned chicken (using Adobo all purpose seasoning with pepper) for about 5 minutes on each side. I usually cook about 5 pieces at a time. When ready, pull those chicken pieces out and continue with the rest of the chicken until all of the chicken is done and out of the pan. In the same pan/skillet, sautee the chopped red and green peppers, onion, and minced garlic. Add the rice, the contents of the 2 "sazon goya con azafran" envelopes, and the chicken bouillon. Stir until all the ingredients are well mixed. Add the water, salt, and frozen peas, stir well. Place all of the chicken thighs on the top of the rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 25 minutes for the rice and chicken to finish cooking. Enjoy!