Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Strawberry Pie

 
This was one of my recipe finds from Pinterest and I must say it's pretty yummy! 
Just add some whipped cream on the top when you are ready to serve.
 
You can find the original recipe here.  I made one little change to it which I will note here, I just reduced the amount of sugar it called for.  The pie is plenty sweet even with the sugar reduction.
 
 
INGREDIENTS:
 
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups water
3 oz box strawberry Jell-O
2 cups sliced strawberries

Pre-bake a 10" pie shell.

Line bottom with the sliced strawberries

Combine cornstarch, sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add the Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Pour over the strawberries and refrigerate until set.  Don't forget to top with whipped cream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment