Monday, August 9, 2010

Lomo Saltado


I saw this picture on my friend Elizabeth's profile on facebook and asked her what it was. Elizabeth is from Peru and she is such a good cook I figured this dish would be pretty good. She told me what it was and included the recipe. I actually made this dish yesterday and asked her if it was okay to place this recipe on the blog and she agreed. Maybe she'll become a contributor on the blog (she doesn't blog)....but on the mean time she has given me the okay to place her recipes for her.
Below you will find the recipe exactly as she gave it to me (I translated the recipe from Spanish). I did make a few changes: I used less meat and therefore only used 1 onion, 2 tomatoes, 1 pepper (green bell pepper b/c I didn't have yellow), I didn't have fresh cilantro or lemon juice so I skipped those.
Also, lately whenever I make french fries...I actually bake them. They are just as tasty and don't feel as guilty for eating them. To bake them, preheat your oven to 425 degrees farenheit. Add salt, pepper and about 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to the potatoes and then place on a lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes or so, it really depends on how you want them.
The finished product was very good, it sorta tastes like the fajitas I make only a mild version because they are not spicy. Enjoy!


INGREDIENTS:

2 lbs of top sirloin, cut in thin strips
3 medium onions, cut julienne style
2 lbs of potatoes, peeled and cut for french fries
4 fresh yellow peppers, cut julienne style
4 tomatoes, cut julienne style
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
oil (for the potatoes)
salt
pepper
1/2 tsp lemon juice


Place a little bit of oil on a pan and cook the meat, remove the meat when cooked. In the same pan place the onions, sautee approximately 2 min. Add the yellow peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Cook for another two minutes and then add the meat to the mixture as well as the lemon juice. Mix well and add the cilantro.

Fry the potatoes and reserve. Serve immediately, mixing the french fries, meat and veggies. Serve with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment