Saturday, January 22, 2011

Brownies


This is another recipe from our family cookbook, contributed by my husband's grandmother. I needed to make a quick dessert to take to a family and didn't have any easy brownie mixes. I looked through the cookbook and found this easy recipe. I made a few additions to it and they turned out delicious!!!! Luckily there were only a few left, because I would have been tempted to eat them.

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk (my addition)
Hand full of semi sweet chocolate chips (my addition)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional, I myself did not add them)
1 small square of Almond Bark to decorate the top (my addition)

You need to combine all ingredients, except for the almond bark. Mix well and pour on a small baking pan. I think the one I used was a square 9x9x3. Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes.

Decorate the top by melting the almond bark in the microwave and then swirl it on top of the brownies using a piping bag or a ziplock bag (just cut a small tip on a corner). Enjoy!

1 comment: