Friday, January 15, 2016

Mint Hot Chocolate

Whenever I mention making hot chocolate the immediate response is "please, please, make the mint kind"  This mint hot chocolate has become my family's favorite! I'm sure it will become yours as soon as you give it a try.

INGREDIENTS:

6 cups milk
6 oz white chocolate chips (1/2 bag)
1 tsp peppermint extract
Green food coloring
crushed Andes mint chocolates
Whipped cream

Pour milk in a large pot and warm it on medium heat.  As soon as the milk starts warming up, add your chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.  Add peppermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring (I usually do between 5 and 6), stir well and remove from heat.  Serve warm and garnish with whipped cream and crushed Andes mint chocolates.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oooh that looks so yummy! I'd probably go overboard and add in some La Lechera. haha

    ReplyDelete