Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brownies with Praline Topping


In my opinion everything should have a praline topping. I know the picture of this doesn't do it justice. My 5 year old looked at this picture and said "gross!" But the only reason why she said that is because she never got to try it! I made it when the kids went to bed and I am ashamed to say that my husband and I ate the WHOLE THING that night. They never had a chance.


Brownies:

1 pkg brownie mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup oil


Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 inch square pan.

For brownies: Combine brownie mix, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well blended, about 5o strokes. Spread in pan. Bake for 35-40 min. Remove from oven, spread with topping.

For Topping: Combine brown sugar, pecans, melted butter, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir with a spoon until well blended. Spread over hot brownies and return to oven (they will fall through brownies slightly since brownies are not set). Bake 15 more minutes or until topping is set.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds really good! We will have to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete