Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mushroom Risotto


This recipe is adapted from my Kitchen Aid Cookbook. Even if you don't like mushrooms, it will still be good if you omit the mushrooms. (I can't imaging why ANYONE wouldn't want mushrooms, but just throwing it out there...)

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp butter
1 onion, minced
2 cups mushrooms, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces (use a variety of mushrooms, portabello, white, shiitake, which ever ones are available in your local store)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup risotto (Risotto is an Italian rice, I made it twice, once with Risotto and once with white rice and both were good)
2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cream
salt and pepper to taste
Opional: Cut Fresh Parsley

Directions:

Saute onion and mushroom in 1 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp butter in saucepan. Remove from pan and set aside.

Add remaining olive oil to saucepan and add rice. Toss rice to completely coat with butter/oil mixture and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the edges of rice become translucent. Add broth and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 min. Rice should be soft. Add mushrooms and onion. Add Parmesan cheese and cream, mixing well until cheese is melted and absorbed. Toss in a few tablespoons of fresh parsley if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try and make this Amber...without the mushrooms. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this a few hours ago for dinner and it was so easy and very delicious! I didn't have any cheese or cream and was afraid the recipe wouldn't be so tasty but I thought it turned out wonderfully.

    Now my only question is, is that sour cream in the list of ingredients? I'm the worst cook ever, so please specify if you can :) Next time I want to try all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it! The kind of cream in the ingredients is Heavy Whipping Cream, with the Parmesan it makes a great creamy sauce. You will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete