Friday, February 19, 2010

Mango Veggie Salsa



I have been a search for a mango salsa recipe that I really like and finally found it! My brother cut all the veggies and mango and I think he was a little worried since he had never heard of a fruit in a salsa. I also wasn't sure about how the beans would go, but it really complements the sweet mango. It turned out a hit!


Ingredients:

1/2 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper
1/2 bunch of green onion, sliced
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained


Directions:

Whisk olive oil, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper together in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss everything together.


Serve with chips, with your favorite barbecue meat or chicken, on burritos, in a salad... etc., etc.


(served with spicy baked snapper)

No comments:

Post a Comment